Taylor’s popular 814ce offers players the ultimate all-purpose guitar. Its balance, warmth and articulation are great for fingerstyle, it has enough punch as a strummer to front a band, and the top-end power will fuel lead runs without getting shrill.
It’s a great choice for a gigging player looking for one guitar that can cover it all. The revoicing of the 800 Series has brought greater warmth, a more mature midrange, and a looser, more luxurious low end to the 814ce, thanks in part to the customized bracing and a new, custom-calibrated Elixir HD Light string-gauge set.
Premium appointments include maple binding and back strip, rosewood top edge trim, a rosewood pickguard, Taylor’s new Element fretboard inlay in mother-of-pearl, a marbled fretboard, and new Expression System 2 acoustic electronics.
The guitar features a Venetian cutaway and includes a Taylor deluxe hardshell case
- Back/Side Wood - Indian Rosewood
- Scale length - 25-1/2"
- Top Wood - Sitka Spruce
- Body Length - 20"
- Electronics - Expression System 2®
- Body Width - 16"
- Cutaway - Venetian
- Body Depth - 4 5/8"
- Nut & Saddle - Tusq Nut/Micarta Saddle
- Neck Width - 1-3/4"
- Neck/Heel - Tropical Mahogany
- Bracing - Advanced Performance with Relief Rout
- Fretboard Wood - Ebony
- Fretboard Inlay - Element
- Headstock Overlay - Ebony
- Binding - Maple .080"
- Bridge Inlay - None
- Bridge Pins - Ebony with Abalone Dots
- Tuners - Classical Chrome with Pearloid Buttons
- Truss Rod Cover - Ebony
- Back/Side Finish - Gloss 3.5
- Top Finish - Gloss 3.5
- Neck Finish - Satin
- Pickguard - Rosewood
- Case - Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
- Number of Frets - 20
- Buttons - Nickel
- Edge Trim - Indian Rosewood
- Fretboard Binding - Maple
- Heel Cap Binding - Maple
- Heel length - 3-1/2"